We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves

~ Gautam Buddha

Friday, March 16, 2012

The way of happiness


While surfing the net in the evening, I felt elated by getting comments of spiritual masters at my blog.I greeted the sunrise recollecting the pleasure of last evening. I felt gratitude towards my blissful existence and presence of almighty in life.

Next morning at our official residence a gang of laborers embarked to clean the drain. Their noisy talks and discussions for the while filled the otherwise serene air of the morning and distracted us from our errands. For a while, their scuffling walk through the yard and echoes of cleaning chores kept straining inside. And then through their ricocheting exertion a audible but melodious crooning vibrated through the air, “tum aa gaye ho nur aa gaya hai,”

Startled by this unexpected entertainment and to maintain the privacy of my back yard adjoined kitchen where my house hold help had been working. I decided to check it out through my morning engagement. Though aware of my house hold not so young rather advancing age stature. But I didn’t want to take risk and put her in embarrassing situation of eve teasing that too in safety of my home. I decided to check it out.

Peeping through the window I captured the sight of a young hand amidst the gang of laborers. Totally engrossed in his work, he was crooning a delightful melodious tune, completely oblivious of world around him.

After return from my work in afternoon when I went in back yard to review the cleaning work of morning. I found the yard spotlessly clean without any trash of garbage or strewn leaves here and there. Everything from drain to garbage trash was cleaned spic and span.

I doubted my assertion of happiness. It forced me to debate. “Doesn't the way of happiness vary from person to person?”

No comments:

Post a Comment